Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Meet Ty..

So my place is officially all done, minus a few photo's that I would like to get frames for. So my first week of working without Tonya went normal. I am getting more and more responsibility, and with the beginning of the season right around the corner its crunch time. The store has been getting busier and busier and single-game tickets go on sale this Saturday, so I am expecting a lot of traffic in the store, and hoping for a lot of spenders. 

I have a new friend Ty. As you can see he is big and fuzzy right now with his winter coat. He is 7 years old, and has had maybe a years worth of training throughout his life but none of it has ever been consistent. He loves to snuggle and nuzzle my face, which I don't really mind. I have ridden him but I am taking it slow and doing a lot of ground work and games,Pat Parelli's 7 Games I like how he whinnies at me when I leave and always watches me go, even watched my truck drive off the other day. Granted it probably all has to do with whether I give him snacks or not.

I know that this past week was Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, so no meat which means that I tried my skills at fish and again, I was extremely happy with the results. I tried some green beans(canned, not as good as fresh) with some sliced green, red, and yellow peppers, garlic and onion. Pretty decent for veggies I have to say, I even ate the left overs. Daylight savings just passed as well and did you know that the Cayman Islands doesn't recognize it? Sean found that out the hard way when he was at work an hour early, haha. So although most of you are still 3 hours later than me, Sean is now only 2 hours later than me. Which is good for us, now I don't feel so bad talking to him until 9PM my time, which is 12PM your time, but now 11PM his time! I'm still on my 30 miles in 30 days, I am doing a variation of it at least, which is better than nothing.

We had two Bighorn Basketball games this past week and the team is going to the playoffs. Our first playoff game I just heard will be April 8th or 9th, which is good that it doesn't overlap with the Aces games, at least not yet. On Saturday night the Bighorns had a gathering for the employees at Sapphire, which is live music joint inside Harrah's. The music was awesome and the drink specials were even better. I love living downtown purely because I can walk to any of the places, and walk home and its no more that 5 blocks. The cold is the most annoying thing about walking anywhere though.

Got a card from Aunt Lela and Uncle Perry, and a package from Mom & Dad always nice to get mail, that isn't bills. I'm doing my best to keep in touch with people, call them back, or call them and write back to e-mails. The time difference for us is pretty rough though. I have a busy two weeks coming up, my boss Jessica, is going home for 10 days. I will be running the store by myself and working the Wednesday night Bighorn game solo. Going to the Trace Adkins concert on Saturday night, scored a free ticket, sweet! Riding Ty. St. Patricks Day celebrations whatever they maybe. Then next week Lauren will be here as well as the 3 year anniversary of Jeremy. The next two blogs will have much more exciting and interesting stories promise!!
Love you and miss you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment