How to start, how to start, well I've been out in Reno for a grand total of nine days. The weather is a lot different than back home, it starts out in the high 20's low 30's when I get up and go for my run before work. These hills are kicking my butt! I went from running 4 miles pretty easily to maybe a mile that I couldn't even finish, until yesterday I finally pushed through, yay! Had to buy some real sweaters out here, the wind cuts through my cotton sweaters like you wouldn't believe. I have actual reasons to wear scarves, gloves and ski caps, which is kind of cool.
So down to the things everyone really wants to read about, my job. I started work on my first Saturday here, working a Reno Bighorns game (D-League Basketball team owned by the same people). Working the game was pretty familiar to me, it did give me a chance to get somewhat acquainted with my boss Jessica and co-workers Tonya and Bart. Also the merchandise that we carry for the Bighorns, who won the game and actually haven't lost since I've been in town. A fact a few of the people from the Bighorns have pointed out to me a few times. The Team Store is where I have put in most of my hours in my first week, the store is closed on Sundays and Mondays. But we ended up coming in to do inventory, fun way to start my job. We do inventory once a month, something to look forward to. On the days were open, its a matter of getting ready for opening day, April 15th first home game. I have been busy learning the system and trying to learn the inventory and store. They had interviews yesterday for part-time seasonal employees. Everyone they have hired so far has a great amount of experience, and is a middle-aged woman. Nothing wrong with that, but it just adds to the fact that I have only met one person my age here so far, Bart. Anyways, I am actually running the store by myself today, as we are so far away from the season, its pretty laid back during store hours. Just re-folding shirts, I am now an expert folder a trait that I am hoping will become a habit when folding my own clothes.
Everyone that I met has been really nice, I found an studio apartment and signed my lease on Thursday, pretty exciting! Well for me it was, I move in the 16th of this month, I've added pictures of the place so everyone can see what I have to work with. Once I've moved in and put my mark on it, I'll post pictures again. Well I guess this was a good start to blogging. Hope everyone enjoyed and don't worry I'll have more interesting things to write about soon I hope!
Can't tell what the view is but apartment looks great, nice and clean!. Looking forward to hearing more about your big adventures! Jill
ReplyDelete